Table of contents
Welcome to SplitMe user manual version 1.1 - August 30, 2008
SplitMe will help you to manage large files in order to fit
on smaller fixed size media like floppy, cdrom or e-mail. You will need this
utility to break in pieces a large file. You may define the size of the pieces
or a number of pieces. Also, you may select a pre-defined standard size.
To recreate the original file you don't need to have SplitMe. An exe file will be generated as part of the total pieces. All you need is to double click on it and a friendly user interface will let you to re-join the pieces into original file.
We hope that you will find this utility helpful!
September 1, 2008 SplitMe v1.1
November 18, 2005 SplitMe v1.0
Minimum Hardware requirements:
SplitMe ©2005 - 2008
SPLITME - PRODUCT LICENSE INFORMATION
NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. USER'S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. DoubleR Software grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE's programming features. When you obtain a copy of the FREE TRIAL VERSION of the SOFTWARE, you are granted to use the FREE TRIAL VERSION of the SOFTWARE for an unlimited period at no cost. For the FULL VERSION you must pay for the SOFTWARE according to the terms and prices discussed in the SOFTWARE's homepage. This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Resinari Radu a.k.a. DoubleR Software. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .The SOFTWARE remains the exclusive property of the Vendor. Any Licensee which fully complies with the terms in this license agreement may use it according to the terms of this license agreement. You must not give copies of the Software or your license key to other persons or entities. You must not transfer the Software or your license key to another person or entity. You must also take reasonable steps to prevent any third party from copying the software from one of your machines without your permission.
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United States copyright law
and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the
intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further
acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the
exclusive property of DoubleR Software and you will not acquire any rights to
the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any
copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on
and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. DoubleR SOFTWARE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. DoubleR SOFTWARE DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
6. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
7. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL DoubleR SOFTWARE OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF DOUBLER SOFTWARE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL DOUBLER SOFTWARE' LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
8. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Romania and by the international copyright regulations and treaties. This Agreement may only be modified by a license addendum, which accompanies this Agreement or by a written document which has been signed, by both you and DoubleR Software. This Agreement has been written in the English language only and is not to be translated or interpreted in any other language. Prices, costs and fees for use of SplitMe are subject to change without prior notice to you. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this Agreement, the invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Agreement. SplitMe and SplitMe logos are trademarks of DoubleR Software. Microsoft, Windows, Excel, Word, the Windows logo, Windows NT, Windows 2000 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and Resinari Radu a.k.a. DoubleR Software which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.
How to use SplitMe
This is the Main Window of SplitMe.
Everything you need to use this utility are found here. Main elements
Use this button to browse and select the file you want to split.
Select the working folder. Please note
that SplitMe will create inside the working folder a new folder
in which the pieces will be placed. The auto-created folder will be named
"SplitMe_filetosplit", where 'filetosplit' is the name of the file
Note: Select the working folder is available only on registered version.
From here you may select some standard media sizes. See Features for available sizes.
In this window you may edit the desired size of the pieces in bytes, KB or MB. Select any of those units by using: drop down box.
In this window you may edit the number of pieces. The size will be automatically calculated.
When you are ready press this button to start the splitting process.
Press this button to Cancel the splitting process.
Will open Help window.
Close SplitMe program.
By clicking on it will take you to SplitMe homepage.
By clicking on it will take you to DoubleR Software homepage.
This is a step by step split and re-join explained operation.
In our case we will split 'austria_1_f_mont.avi' file in pieces that fit on a floppy disk of 1.44MB.
Step 1. Press and select the file you want to split.
Also you may define the working folder by using: ( available only on registered version).
Step 2 . Define the piece size by edit window or
define the number of pieces by using window or
select a standard size from .
Step 3. When you are done with settings, press . The split
process will begin. The progress bar will indicate the process status. This
process may be always canceled
by pressing while the process is in progress. When the process is finished you will have 132 pieces of 1474 KB and the last one 279.7 KB the remainder.
On the working folder, a new folder will be created by SplitMe.
In our case: .
Inside this folder you may find all 133 pieces. File name of each piece is in the following format: filetosplit.xx, where xx is the indexed number of each piece. In our case, the first piece will be: ' austria_1_f_mont.avi.1' .:
This last part will be always the exe file that will build back the pieces into original file.
Step 4. Re-join the pieces back by double click on the exe
file. The following interface will appear:
Press Build. The build process will begin:
At the end of this process, you will have the original file build back from pieces.
SplitMe is distributed as Free Trial Version with no charge.
By registering SplitMe you will receive:
We provide a very secure way to buy our product. Our e-Commerce provider is
Share-It! and accepts all kinds of payment methods like credit
cards, checks, bank-wire transfers, phone and fax. That information is encrypted
and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. To
learn more about SSL, follow this link http://www.ssl.com
They supply you with a receipt/invoice upon purchasing. For more information please visit: Share-It! Customer Care Center.
Prices, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Please check SplitMe web site for the latest product offerings and prices.
SplitMe Web-Site: http://www.splitme.rsoftr.com
Technical Support: email@example.com
Sales department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Web-Site: http://www.rsoftr.com/index2.php
You may distribute the free evaluation version of this Software on the
condition that you do this by making identical copies of the downloaded
Public download means any file that can be downloaded by browsing to http://www.rsoftr.com and navigating through the links visible on the page, without the use of any password or
identification that you may type in or that may be automatically supplied by your browser if you have typed it in before.
You must not ask payment for the act of distributing the free evaluation
version of the Software or for the free evaluation version itself.
You must make it clear to the recipient that you are sending an free version and that the recipient will have to accept a license agreement in order to evaluate it,
and make payment in order to fully use the Software. You must not distribute the free evaluation version by making it part of a larger package, unless that package
is a collection of evaluation software and other software that does not require payment.